Subject: NIST Workshop
From: Frank Alexander <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], No.Expenses:[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 14:50:09 -0700 (MST)

Dear Workshop Participants,

   Below is some information to assist you in your travel planning for
  the workshop: Hybrid Computational Methods for Multiscale Modeling
  of Materials May 12-14, 1999 at NIST Gaithersburg, Maryland.  Please
  do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.

------ SCHEDULE ------

   We plan to begin the meeting 9AM on Wednesday May 12 and conclude
  the meeting by noon Friday the 14 of May.  A detailed agenda will
  follow in a few weeks.

------ TITLE AND ABSTRACT --

 If you would like to give a 1/2 hour talk, please send a title and
abstract before April 1.

----- LIST OF ATTENDEES -----

Farid Abraham (IBM)
Francis J. Alexander (LANL)
Jayanth Banavar (PSU)
Bruce Boghosian (BU)
Gregory L. Eyink (Arizona)
Alejandro L. Garcia (SJSU and LBNL)
Sharon Glotzer (NIST)
Isaac Goldhirsch (Tel Aviv)
Nicholas Hadjiconstantinou (LLNL)
David Jacqmin (NASA)
Li Ju (MIT)
Efthimios Kaxiras (Harvard)
John Kieffer (UIUC)
Christian Mailhoit (LLNL)
Len Margolin (LANL)
Elaine Oran (NRL)
Rob Phillips (BROWN)
B. Radhakrishnan (ORNL)
Claudio Rebbi (BU)
Robert Rudd (Oxford)
Srikanth Sastry (India)
Art Voter (LANL)

----------- TRAVEL EXPENSES -----

   All university/industry participants will receive $800 to cover travel
   expenses.  Please let us know if this amount poses a problem.  As
   is typical of NIST workshops, you will receive this money in the
   form of a cash lecture fee to be distributed to you at the meeting.
   Please be aware that as with all NIST lecture fees, this will be
   reported to the IRS.  Most people are able to deduct this from
   their taxes as travel expenses if they itemize their tax return.

   There will be a $50 registration fee for all university/industry
   participants, payable by cash/check/credit card on site.  This fee
   will cover coffee/beverage and snack service.

------ AIR TRAVEL ------
NIST is accessible from three area airports:

1. Ronald Reagan National Airport
2. Dulles International Airport
3. Baltimore-Washington International Airport (BWI)

National is closest to NIST;  BWI is 50 miles from NIST.

---- GROUND TRANSPORTATION -----

To assist you with ground transportation from the airport, you may
contact the following services that provide service to Baltimore
Washington International (BWI) Airport, Dulles International and
Washington National Airports:

          BWI Limo, 301/441-2345
          Montgomery Airport Shuttle, 301/990-7005
          Top Choice Airport Transportation, 301/585-7516

A taxi from Dulles or National to the hotel will cost approximately
$40.  The Washington Metro has subway service to Washington National
Airport. The Metro System can be boarded at the Shady Grove metro
stop. Take a red line train to Gallery Place, transfer to a yellow
line train to National Airport. Service is every 6 to 15 minutes
depending on the time of day. The time from Shady Grove to National is
about 50 minutes. The Shady Grove station is approximately four miles
from the hotel.

------ LODGING---------

A block of rooms has been reserved for the nights of May 11, 12, 13 at
the government rate of $94.00/nite plus tax at

Gaithersburg Hilton
620 Perry Parkway
Gaithersburg, Md. 20877
301/977-8900

Please call the hotel directly to make your reservations; tell them
you are attending the CTCMS workshop.  Please make your reservations
asap, certainly no later than April 27.

Parking is free.  We will arrange transportation between the hotel and
NIST for those people without cars.

Other nearby hotels include:

The Courtyard by Marriott
805 Russell Ave.
Gaithersburg, Md. 20879
301/670-0008